- Published on April 1, 2014
- Written by Reunion Homes
The Ten Commandments Of Buying A New Colorado Springs Home
At Reunion Homes in Colorado Springs, we're excited to build homes for first time home buyers. But, as a first time home buyer, there are many things that you need to be aware of that impact your ability to purchase a new home in Colorado Springs and to qualify for a new home mortgage.
1. Thou shalt not change jobs, become self employed or quit your job.
2. Thou shalt not buy a car, truck or van (or you may be living in it)!
3. Thou shalt not use credit cards excessively or let current accounts fall behind.
4. Thou shalt not spend money you have set aside for closing.
5. Thou shalt not omit debts or liabilities from your loan application.
6. Thou shalt not buy furniture.
7. Thou shalt not originate any inquiries into your credit.
8. Thou shalt not make large deposits without checking with your loan officer!
9. Though shalt not change bank accounts.
10. Thou shalt not co-sign a loan for anyone.
At Reunion Homes we are happy to work with your lender but we also work with some of the finest lenders in the industry including Diane Miller of Nova Home Loans. Our loan officers are well-versed on the various types of loans available nationally and within El Paso County. They are experts at working with new home buyers as well as experienced home buyers. We suggest that before you start your search for your new home that you meet with a loan officer to fully understand your options and for pre-qualification of your new home loan.
About Reunion Homes: Building large, beautiful homes at surprisingly affordable prices, Reunion Homes offers award-winning new homes in Colorado Springs from the low $200s in Falcon School District 49 neighborhoods of Wilshire Ranch, Antlers Ridge and Antlers Range and from the mid $200s in Lorson Ranch.