- Published on November 13, 2013
- Written by Reunion Homes
The holidays are all about reunions and at Reunion Homes in Colorado Springs, Colorado Springs most award-winning new home builder, we want to help you have a fun, festive, and stress-free Thanksgiving! So if you're hosting Thanksgiving in your new Reunion Home in Colorado Springs, here are ten simple tips (courtesy of our friends at HOUZZ) to make your new Colorado Springs home a bit more special for Thanksgiving.
1) Buy candles. Candles are a great addition to many of the rooms in your home. They instantly create the intimacy that your house needs to make Thanksgiving feel special even before the guests start arriving. Avoid scented candles for Thanksgiving, though, because the scent of dinner cooking is what everyone wants to smell!
3) Clean up the bathroom. This room is a room that everyone is going to need to use while they're at your place. It's also a room that you never want to be embarrassed by because it's a mess. Take the time to clean it up and you'll feel better about the rest of the house getting messy as you entertain.
4) Add some bar stools to your kitchen. These are an affordable addition to the kitchen and they encourage people to join you there while you cook. Many of the award-winning home plans offered by Reunion Homes feature extra large kitchen islands that can hold 4 to 6 barstools for extra seating.
5) Pick up a bouquet of flowers. You'll probably end up moving them out of the way when dinner is served but they provide a nice little touch before that. Plus they're a nice little treat for yourself for all of the hard work that you're doing. Roses are good as are autumn bouquets.
6) Stock up the wine rack. Most people serve wine with Thanksgiving dinner. Decorating the wine rack with some Thanksgiving decorations is a great idea but at the very least make sure that you've stocked up on the wine. In Reunion Homes, many of our home plans come standard with butler's panties. These spaces are a wonderful place for storing your wine rack.
7) Make sure that you have all of the kitchen utensils that you need. Do you have all of the right knives, a pan big enough for the turkey and a wine opener for the bubbly? Do you have enough plates for everyone? Make a checklist in advance so that you can pick up whatever you need before Thanksgiving.
8) Pick up a few DVDs for the kids. Children can get bored when the family is dragging out Thanksgiving day. There's nothing wrong with renting a few DVDs to keep the little ones entertained while you enjoy Thanksgiving.
9) Put your clutter in the closet. Get all of your stuff out of the way before your guests arrive so that your home looks nice and neat and everyone has room to move around. At Reunion Homes, we're excited that the closets in our large, beautiful homes are all walk-in closets so you'll have lots of spaces to hide your clutter!
10) Get cooking! There are a lot of things that you can make a day or two in advance. This reduces your Thanksgiving stress and gives you more time to enjoy your friends and family when they arrive.
About Reunion Homes: Reunion Homes builds large, beautiful homes at surprisingly affordable prices, Reunion Homes offers award-winning new homes in Colorado Springs from the low $200s in Wilshire Ranch, Lorson Ranch, Antlers Ridge and coming soon to Antlers Range. Reunion Homes is one of Colorado Springs most decorated new home builders, winning nearly two dozen Parade of Homes awards from industry peers and more importantly, the general public!